Monday, February 6, 2012

Many new projects...

I have so many new projects that I have completed recently and want to share them but am unable to right at this moment. However, I just wanted to share with everyone that I am getting many great quilting hours in and loving every moment I get to spend quilting. I will get some pictures up within the next couple of days.

I'm so happy to have recently finished an Americana themed quilt for my friend Kim Wilson and her daughter Caroline. Caroline will be doing a study abroad with People to People and needed a fundraiser. In exchange for the hours her mother and I spent quilting, Caroline babysat my three children. The quilt turned out beautifully and raffle tickets are being sold for it.

Yesterday I finished a quilt for my niece and i'm so excited to mail it to her! Her mother purchased a duvet cover from Pottery Barn kids that she got for an amazing clearance price. She didn't want the thickness of the comforter inside the duvet cover so she separated it into a top and bottom piece and added a border. I finished it with a simple edge to edge floral posie pattern and the resulting quilt is adorable. I love the idea and think I might turn my kids' Ikea duvet covers into quilts as well.

Pictures will be up within a ofcouple days! Have a fantastic day!

0 comments: